Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chad's Easy PRIME RIB Cooking Instructions

1. Get your meat at Leon's (it is the best, trust me)!
2. 24 hours before cooking season liberally with MISTY'S.
3. Take out 2hrs before cooking and allow to raise to room temp.
4. Cook uncovered at 325 degrees for 16-18 minutes per LB on a meat rack.
5. Using a meat thermometer, cook until 130-135 degrees.
6. Tent roast in foil and let rest for 20-25 mintues.

HELPFUL HINTS:
-dinner starts when the MEAT is ready, start heading to the table when you take it out and pass around the sides first...when the meat has rested, cut it and serve it immediately.
-I like to tie my prime rib even if it is boneless, our butchers think I am crazy, but it holds it's shape better and looks more like it looks in a restaurant if you do.
-I have tried cutting the roast with many knives including electric, but if you want it to look like the restaurant then use a very sharp roast beef knife.

1 comment:

CeCe said...

My husband and I have had the privilege of having our son-in-law Chad's Prime Rib on many occasions and we KNOW it's the best WE'VE ever had. Now do we sound just a little biased? Trust us, we are not, it rocks!!!!!!